An Andalusian Story
Visit Seville, the Cathedral and its famous Giralda (bell tower), the banks of the Guadalquivir River, popular neighborhoods of Santa Cruz and Triana and the beautiful Plaza de España, with this tour of 6 days visiting Madrid, Granada, Malaga, Marbella, Ronda, Seville, Cordoba, Consuegra, Madrid.
DAY 01 SAT. Madrid – Arrival.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Transfer to the hotel. Evening transport to the Gran Vía district.
Welcome to Madrid! Upon arriving at the airport, we will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Check the infor- mation boards in the hotel reception area for details of the welcome meeting with your guide and fellow travellers. Towards the end of the day, we provide transfers to the Egyptian Debod Temple, Plaza de España and Gran Via; a vibrant district where you can dine at your preferred restaurant: Indian, Chinese, Spanish and Middle Eastern are some of the options available.
DAY 02 SUN. Madrid.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Madrid city tour. Stroll through the Retiro Park. Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring. Evening tranfer.
The morning starts with a comprehensive tour through the centre of Madrid including Paseo del Prado, Cibeles, Neptuno, the Gate of Alcalá, Plaza de Colón and Plaza Mayor. We then visit to Retiro Park, an oasis in the city centre, where we will see the lake and the Glass Palace. A visit to Las Ventas Bullring (admission included) is next, this is one of the most famous bullrings in the world where we will learn about the tradition of “corridas” in the Bullfighting Museum. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. At sunset we provide a transfer to Plaza de Oriente, opposite the Royal Palace, an elegant and bustling area with many restaurants serving different cuisines such as local Spanish food, international, and Chinese. Enjoy a pleasant dinner of your choice, then return to the hotel together.
DAY 03 MON. Madrid – Granada.-
TODAY’S HIGLIGHTS: Lunch included. Entrance and local guide in the Alhambra (if you bought the trip with the entrance included). Evening transfer.
We leave Madrid in the early morning. We travel to the south across La Mancha, stopping in PUERTO LAPICE, a ‘manchego’ village evoking the figure of Don Quixote. We will enter Andalusia via Despeñaperros, arriving in GRANADA. Lunch included. In the afternoon, if you bought the trip with the entrance included, we will visit with a local guide the immense Alhambra Palace and its beautiful Generalife gardens, built in Arab times. In the evening we visit the Albaicín district of Granada, a World Heritage site along with the Alhambra, where you can enjoy dinner in the narrow winding streets of this captivating Medieval Moorish quarter. Tonight, you have the option to attend a flamenco dance show and the traditional neighbourhood of Sacromonte. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets on-line from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org .
DAY 04 TUE. Granada – Malaga – Marbella – Ronda – Seville.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Costa del Sol and the Andalusian village of Ronda.
Departing from Granada and travelling towards the Costa del Sol, we will arrive in MALAGA and explore the historic centre, with its cathedral and the Picasso Museum. After this we will continue along the coastal motorway with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Stopping in PUERTO BANUS, Marbella, a pretty resort known as a playground for Europe’s rich and famous. In the afternoon we will continue through the hills until we reach RONDA, a very beautiful white town with its large gorge that divides it in two. Continuing to SEVILLE, arriving in the late afternoon.
DAY 05 WED. Seville.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Guided visit with local expert in Seville. Boat trip along the river Guadalquivir. Evening tranfer to the historic city centre.
After breakfast, a local expert guides you through a scenic visit of Seville featuring the Cathedral and its famous Giralda (bell tower), the banks of the Guadalquivir River, popular neighborhoods of Santa Cruz and Triana and the beautiful Plaza de España. (Note: If the group is fewer than fifteen travellers, it can be arranged in both Spanish and English). After the tour, we will include a boat trip along the river Guadalquivir, enjoying the panoramic views from the boat. Enjoy leisure time straight afterwards. At the end of the afternoon, we will go to the historic city centre area (Calle Alfonso XII). Here there are many different types of restaurants for you to choose from, enjoy your dinner.
DAY 06 THU. Seville – Cordoba – Consuegra – Madrid.-
TODAY’SHIGHLIGHTS: visit to Cordoba. Windmills in Consuegra.
We leave Seville following the valley of the Guadalquivir to CORDOBA. With a local guide, we visit its great Cathedral-Mosque and to Cordoba Synagogue (entrances included). Take a stroll in the old district with its famous patios of flowers and free time to discover its flowered alleys. After lunch, we continue towards the Castilian lands and stop at CONSUEGRA, with its 12 giant windmills next to the castle. Whilst in the area of the La Mancha plain, we will visit Venta Rucio Windmill. Continuing to MADRID, arriving at the end of the day. End of our services. Check the time of your flight in case you need an additional night.
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Hotels according to the itinerary.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer
- Boat: Guadalquivir river in Seville.
- City tour in: Madrid, Granada, Seville.
- Evening Transfer: Debod Temple, Plaza de España and Gran Vía in Madrid, Plaza de Oriente in Madrid, Albaicin in Granada, Historic center of Seville.
- Ticket admission: Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens in Granada if it is included in the tour you bought.
- 1 Lunch or Dinner Included in: Granada.
- City tour in:Cordoba .
- Ticket admission: Cathedral-mosque and ancient synagogue of Cordoba, Rucio Windmill in Consuegra.
- May.22: 07, 14, 21, 28
- Jun.22: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Jul.22: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
- Aug.22: 06, 13, 20, 27
- Sep.22: 03, 10, 17, 24
- Oct.22: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- Nov.22: 05, 12, 19, 26
- Dec.22: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Jan.23: 07, 14, 21, 28
- Feb.23: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Mar.23: 04, 11, 18, 25
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $769 $1.061
Mid S. $702 $994
Low S. $702 $994
- The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets online from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org .
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.