Classical China and Chengdu
You will see the impressive Buddhist caves of LONGMEN over more than a kilometre of the rocky walls of the river, where they sculpted more than 100,000 images of Buddha. Go to the Panda Bear research and breeding centre, a reserve where 120 giant pandas and 76 red pandas live, with this tour of 8 days visiting Shanghai, Luoyang, White Horse Monastery, Sanmexia, Xian, Chengdu, Dujiangyan, Qingcheng, Shan, Jiezi, Chengdu.
DAY 01 THU. Shanghai.-
Arrival. Welcome to China! Transfer to the hotel and free time. You will receive information about the start of the circuit during the afternoon.
DAY 02 FRI. Shanghai.-
In the morning, our trip includes a visit round this impressive city. We will know the area of Pudong, located across the Huangpu River, is now the financial district, with its skyscrapers as the Pearl Tower. We include a ferry crossing of the Shanghai River which will give us great views of the two parts of the city. We will stroll the Old City and the Yuyuan Garden, a private garden that was built during the Ming Dynasty. We will enjoy a demonstration of the Tea ceremony, traditional drink that plays an important cultural role in China. We will pass by one of the most fashionable neighborhoods of the capital, Xintiandi. Lunch included. Then, visit Tianzifang, a former residential area known for its narrow, labyrinthine traditional streets with its small craft shops and art galleries. We finish the visit along the Bund with its old buildings that remind us of the influence of European trade. Free afternoon. If you wish, you can enjoy a boat trip to see Shanghai at night, it will be an unforgettable experience.
DAY 03 SAT. Shanghai – Luoyang.-
Transfer to the station. We take the high-speed train (a train is expected to leave at 07.17 h), and in a little over five hours, through many sections of pretty countryside, we cover the 1,000 km to LUOYANG. Lunch included. We see the impressive Buddhist caves of LONGMEN over more than a kilometre of the rocky walls of the river, where they sculpted more than 100,000 images of Buddha. We will include a boat trip. After this, transfer to the ancient city, where we cross its impressive wall and can enjoy the great traditional activity and its lit up streets.
DAY 04 SUN. Luoyang – White Horse Monastery – Sanmexia – Xian.-
In the early hours, on the outskirts of Luoyang, we visit the WHITE HORSE BUDDHIST MONASTERY, a huge monastery and place of study where Buddhists from all countries of the world. We continue our route to SANMEXIA. In this historic city we will see the Yellow River and the Baoulon temple with its tall pagoda and we will visit one of the best museums in China: the Guo museum with the funeral carriages of the former state of guo. Lunch included. We continue eastwards, passing the foot of Mount Hua, a holy mountain. XIAN, arrival at the end of the afternoon.
DAY 05 MON. Xian.-
We have arrived in the fascinating city where the silk route originated. First thing in the morning, we will go to see the TERRACOTA ARMY, with its thousands of life size clay soldiers that were found underground. We return to XIAN, where we will visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda where we will enjoy a brief Chinese calligraphy course . Later, we go across through the walled centre. We will cross the Muslim quarter there and we will enter the mosque, where we will be able to see the multiple cultures and religions that have left their mark on this country. Our tour will also include entry tickets to the Drum Tower where we will enjoy a short show of traditional instrument playing. Free time.-
DAY 06 TUE. Xian – Chengdu.-
We leave Xian in a very modern high-speed train, and in just over three hours we cover the 700 km that separate us from CHENGDU. On arrival we will go to the Panda Bear research and breeding centre, a reserve where 120 giant pandas and 76 red pandas live. Lunch included. In the afternoon we will take a stroll through the People´s Park, with its small lake, the local people doing Taichi, and its tea houses.-
DAY 07 WED. Chengdu – Dujiangyan – Qingcheng Shan – Jiezi- Chengdu.-
Today we include full-day tour of Sichuan Province, with its pleasant landscapes and traditional villages. In DUJIANGYAN we see the traditional irrigation system, which has been working for more than 2000 years and is a world heritage site. QUINGCHENG SHAN, “mountain of the green city” is a Taoist holy mountain. Its paths through the forests show us caves, pavilions and centuries-old wooden temples, lunch included. Finally, we will visit the ancient city of JIEZI with its alleys with over a thousand years of history. Return to CHENGDU.
DAY 08 THU. Chengdu.-
After breakfast, end of our services.
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion: Dujiangyan, Quingcheng Shan Mountain and ancient city of Jiezi in Chengdu.
- Boat: Boat trip in Longmen, Boat trip in Qu- ingcheng Shan Mountain in Chengdu.
- City tour in: Shanghai.
- Evening Transfer: Old City in Luoyang.
- Ticket admission: Yuyuan Garden and demostration of the Tea ceremony in Shanghai, White Horse Temple in Luoyang, Buddhist caves of Longmen in Longmen, Baoulon Temple, Guo Museum in Sanmexia, Terracota Army Museum, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Chinese calligraphy course, mosque, show of traditional instrument playing in Drum Tower in Xian, Panda Bear research and breeding centre in Chengdu, Traditional irrigation system in Dujiangyan, Sacred Mountain of Quingcheng Shan in Chengdu.
- Funicular: Quingcheng Shan Mountain in Chengdu.
- High Speed Train: Shanghai – Luoyang, Xian – Chengdu.
- 5 Lunch or Dinner includes in: Shangai (01), Luoyang (01), Sanmexia (01), Chengdu (01), Quingcheng Shan (01).
- Jun.22 : 09, 23
- Jul.22 : 07, 21
- Aug.22 : 04, 18
- Sep.22 : 01, 15, 29
- Oct.22 : 13, 27
- Nov.22 : 10, 24
- Dec.22 : 08, 22
- Jan.23 : 05, 19
- Feb.23 : 02, 16
- Mar.23 : 02, 16
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $1.513 $1.915
Mid S. $1.513 $1.915
Low S. $1.495 $1.897
- The route will be bilingual with Spanish and Englishspeaking guides. On certain dates, depending on sales, the circuit will be divided into two with a bus in each language.
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.