Go to Spain and visit Malaga. Explore the historic centre, with its cathedral and the Picasso Museum. Go along the coastal motorway with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Stopping in Puerto Banus, Marbella, a pretty resort known as a playground for Europe’s rich and famous. This tour of 8 days visit Madrid, Granada, Malaga, Marbella, Ronda, Seville, Zaragoza, Poblet, Montserrat, Barcelona.
DAY 01 SAT. Madrid – Arrival.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Transfer to the hotel. Evening transport to the Gran Vía district
Welcome to Madrid! Upon arriving at the airport, we will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Check the information boards in the hotel reception area for details of the welcome meeting with your guide and fellow travellers. Towards the end of the day, we provide transfers to the Egyptian Debod Temple, Plaza de España and Gran Via; a vibrant district where you can dine at your preferred restaurant: Indian, Chinese, Spanish and Middle Eastern are some of the options available.
DAY 02 SUN. Madrid.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Madrid city tour. Stroll through the Retiro Park. Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring. Evening tranfer.
The morning starts with a comprehensive tour through the centre of Madrid including Paseo del Prado, Cibeles, Neptun, the Gate of Alcalá, Plaza de Colón and Plaza Mayor. We then visit to Retiro Park, an oasis in the city centre, where we will see the lake and the Glass Palace. A visit to Las Ventas Bullring (admission included) is next, this is one of the most famous bullrings in the world where we will learn about the tradition of “corridas” in the Bullfighting Museum. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. At sunset we provide a transfer to Plaza de Oriente, opposite the Royal Palace, an elegant and bustling area with many restaurants serving different cuisines such as local Spanish food, international, and Chinese. Enjoy a pleasant dinner of your choice, then return to the hotel together.
DAY 03 MON. Madrid – Granada.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Lunch included. Entrance and local guide in the Alhambra (if you bought the trip with the entrance included). Evening transfer.
We leave Madrid in the early morning. We travel to the south across La Mancha, stopping in PUERTO LAPICE, a ‘manchego’ village evoking the figure of Don Quixote. We will enter Andalusia via Despeñaperros, arriving in GRANADA. Lunch included. In the afternoon, if you bought the trip with the entrance included, we will visit with a local guide the immense Alhambra Palace and its beautiful Generalife gardens, built in Arab times. In the evening we visit the Albaicín district of Granada, a World Heritage site along with the Alhambra, where you can enjoy dinner in the narrow winding streets of this captivating Medieval Moorish quarter. Tonight, you have the option to attend a flamenco dance show and the traditional neighbourhood of Sacromonte. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets on-line from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org.
DAY 04 TUE. Granada – Malaga – Marbella – Ronda – Seville.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Costa del Sol and the Andalusian village of Ronda.
Departing from Granada and travelling towards the Costa del Sol, we will arrive in MALAGA and explore the historic centre, with its cathedral and the Picasso Museum. After this we will continue along the coastal motorway with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Stopping in PUERTO BANUS, Marbella, a pretty resort known as a playground for Europe’s rich and famous. In the afternoon we will continue through the hills until we reach RONDA, a very beautiful white town with its large gorge that divides it in two. Continuing to SEVILLE, arriving in the late afternoon.
DAY 05 WED. Seville.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Guided visit with local expert in Seville. Boat trip along the river Guadalquivir. Night transfer to the historic city centre
After breakfast, a local expert guides you through a scenic visit of Seville featuring the Cathedral and its famous Giralda (bell tower), the banks of the Guadalquivir River, popular neighborhoods of Santa Cruz and Triana and the beautiful Plaza de España. (note: If the group is fewer than fifteen travellers, it can be arranged in both Spanish and English). After the tour, we will include a boat trip along the river Guadalquivir, enjoying the panoramic views from the boat. Enjoy leisure time straight afterwards. At the end of the afternoon, we will go to the historic city centre area (Calle Alfonso XII). Here there are many different types of restaurantes for you to choose from, enjoy your dinner.
DAY 06 THU. Seville- Zaragoza – Poblet – Mont- serrat – Barcelona.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: High-speed train from Seville to Zaragoza; Monastery of Poblet, rack train to Montserrat.
Leaving Seville in the early morning, you will be transferred to the train station to take a confortable highspeed train to Zaragoza. In a little under four hours, you will cover the 850 km between Seville and Zaragoza. In ZARAGOZA you will join the group and have free time to visit this impressive Pilar Basilica and enjoy the city centre. We continue to the Monastery of Poblet, surrounded by its walls in a beautiful site that is one of the best-preserved medieval monasteries in the world (entrance and guided tour included). We then proceed to the Monastery of Montserrat where you will go up the mountain on a rack train to see its fantastic scenery. Following this we will continue to BARCELONA, arriving in the late- afternoon. Note: In the winter months, from November to March, due to the shorter days, we will not visit the Monastery of Poblet in order to reach Montserrat in the daylight. Note: The guide will only travel on the train if the group is over 15 passengers.
DAY 07 FRI. Barcelona.-
TODAY’SHIGHLIGHTS: Barcelona city tour. “Spanish Village” visit and evening transfers to Las Ramblas district.
Today we will explore Barcelona, an impressive city right on the Mediterranean Sea. Starting with an informative city tour with a local expert (Note: If the group has fewer than fifteen people, explanations can be given by our guide.) We also visit the city’s historic central area with its Gothic neighbourhood dating back to the Middle Ages. We will visit the area where the Olympic Games took place. We will get the chance to see La Sagrada Familia Basilica; the masterpiece designed by the architect Gaudí. Following this, we include the entry ticket to visit ‘Poble Espanyol’ (meaning ‘Spanish Village’). This open-air architectural museum is situated in one of the most emblematic areas of Barcelona. Enjoy Spanish craftsmanship and discover the architectural styles, traditions and folklore of the different communities in Spain. Take some free time to explore the city on your own. In the evening we provide transfers to Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya area for dinner, where you can select from a great variety of restaurants. Return to the hotel.
DAY 08 SAT. Barcelona.-
After breakfast, end of our services.
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Hotels according to the itinerary.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer
- Boat: Guadalquivir river in Seville.
- City tour in: Madrid, Granada, Seville, Poblet, Barcelona.
- Evening Transfer: Debod Temple, Plaza de España and Gran Vía in Madrid, Plaza de Oriente in Madrid, Albaicin in Granada, Historic Center of Sevilla, Ramblas and Plaza de Catalunya in Barcelona.
- Ticket admission: Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens in Granada if it is included in the tour you bought, Poblet Monastery, Poble Espanyol in Barcelona.
- Train: Montserrat.
- High Speed Train: Seville – Zaragoza with transfers included.
- 1 Lunch or Dinner Included in: Granada.
- Dec.20: 05, 12, 19, 26
- Jan.21: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Feb.21: 06, 13, 20, 27
Mar.21: 06, 13, 20, 27
Apr.21: 03, 10, 17, 24
May.21: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
Jun.21: 05, 12, 19, 26
Jul.21: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
Aug.21: 07, 14, 21, 28
Sep.21: 04, 11, 18, 25
Oct.21: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Nov.21: 06, 13, 20, 27
Dec.21: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Jan.22: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
Feb.22: 05, 12, 19, 26
Mar.22: 05, 12, 19, 26
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $999 $1.402
Mid S. $936 $1.339
Low S. $868 $1.271
- The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets on-line from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org.
- The high-speed trains included in your trip has a maximum luggage allowance of 20 k/ person.
- In the winter months, from November to March, due to the shorter days, we will not visit the Monastery of Poblet in order to reach Montserrat in the daylight.
- The guide will only travel on the train if the group is over 15 passengers.
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.