Legend of Israel, Jordan and Egypt
Tour of 20 days visiting Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Haifa, Saint Jean d Acre, Nazareth, Mount Precipice, Mount Tabor, Canaan of Galilee, Nazareth, Mount of the Beatitudes, Tabgha, Capernaúm, Jordan River, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Sheik, Hussein Bridge, Ajlun, Jerash, Amman, Castel of the Desert, Madaba, Monte Nebo, Amman, Bethany, Panorama Complex, Dead Sea, Cave of Lot, Dana, Shobak, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Eilat, Saint Catherine, Well of Moses, Cairo, Luxor, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan, Cairo.
DAY 01 MON. Tel Aviv.-
Arrival at the airport, assistance and transfer to the hotel. Accommodation. NOTE: We advise taking an additional night at the beginning to be able to go on an optional tour of Massada and the Dead Sea.
DAY 02 TUE. Tel Aviv – Caesarea – Haifa, Saint Jean d Acre – Nazareth.-
Breakfast. Departure from the city of Tel Aviv, travelling round the Mediterranean Sea to Yaffo, an ancient port of Israel, now an artists’ neighbourhood. Visit to the Church of Saint Peter. Continuing along the coast to CAESAREA Maritima, an old Roman capital, where we will visit its Theatre, the Crusaders’ Fortress Walls and the Roman Aqueduct. We shall continue our journey to the city of HAIFA, we shall climb Mount Carmel, where the Grotto of the Prophet Elijah and we shall view the Bahai Temple and its Persian Gardens, and we shall have a panoramic view of the city and port. Onward to SAINT JEAN D’ACRE, capital city of the Crusaders, visiting the medieval fortresses. Arrival in NAZARETH/ TIBERIADES. Dinner included. Accommodation.
DAY 03 WED. Nazareth – Mount Precipice – Mount Tabor – Canaan of Galilee – Nazareth.-
Breakfast. We will start the day with the visit to Nazareth where we will visit the Church of the Annunciation, Saint Joseph’s Carpentry Workshop and the Fountain of the Virgin. Continue toward Mount Precipice, from where we may enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of Nazareth and the surrounding area, then on to MOUNT TABOR where the transfiguration of Jesus before Moses and Elijah took place. Return to Nazareth. We end the visit at Canaan of Galilee, where Jesus performed his first miracle. Dinner included. Accommodation.
DAY 04 THU. Nazareth – Mount of the Beatitudes – Tabgha – Capernaúm – Jordan River – Jerusalem.-
Breakfast. We will start the day with a boat trip on the Sea of Galilee. Later, we will visit the Mount of the Beatitudes, where the Sermon of the Mount was given, TABGHA, the place where the bread and fish were multiplied, and CAPERNAUM, where the house of Saint Peter is, and the ruins of the old synagogue. In the afternoon, trip to Jerusalem along the River Jordan valley,round the oasis of Jericho, where we will enjoy a panoramic view of the Mount of Temptation and the Dead Sea. Climb up through the Judean desert and entry to Jerusalem, the peace messenger city, birthplace of the three great monotheistic religions. Accommodation.
DAY 05 FRI. Jerusalem-Bethlehem- Jerusalem.-
Breakfast. Excursion to visit the New City of Jerusalem, seeing the Shrine of the Book in the Museum of Israel, where the Dead Sea Scrolls are displayed, and the model that represents the city of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus. We will go through the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, then going toward Ein Karen, a picturesque neighbourhood on the outskirts of the city to visit the Shrine of Saint John the Baptist. We will also see Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum and Memorial. In the afternoon, we will travel to BETHLEHEM, located behind the wall built in recent years to separate the two communities. We will take a Palestinian guide to visit the Church of the Nativity, the Grotto of the Manger and the Shepherds’ Field. Return to Jerusalem and accommodation.
DAY 06 SAT. Jerusalem.-
We include a visit to the old city of Jerusalem. Excursion by Mount Scopus toward the Mount of Olives. There is an extraordinary view of the walled Holy City from the top. We then continue to Gethsemane, the Basilica of the Agony. Departure toward the Old City. Visit to the Western Wall (Wailing Wall). We will continue along the Via Dolorosa to arrive at Calvary, the place where Christ was crucified, and to see the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. We then go onward to Mount Zion to visit the Tomb of King David, the Cenacle (Hall of the Last Supper) and the Abbey of the Dormiton. Accommodation in Jerusalem.
DAY 07 SUN. Jerusalem- Sheik Hussein BridgeAjlun- Jerash- Amman.-
Breakfast. Early departure to border of Israel and Jordan. Arrival at Sheik Hussein Bridge to complete border and visa procedures. Welcome to Jordan! We explore the FORTRESS OF AJLUN, an imposing castle dating back to the 12th century. In this area, Muslims and Orthodox Christians have always lived together. We visit the historic CHURCH OF SAINT SERGIUS. Shall we all pray for peace? Lunch included. We continue to JERASH to visit its impressive Roman archaeological site. We then travel to AMMAN. Arrival and accommodation. NOTE: The Sheik Hussein border must be crossed on a special bus for this purpose. This costs around $3 per person, which must be paid directly by the passengers themselves. FEES: Each country requires an entry/exit fee that passengers must pay directly at their destination. For guidance purposes, these are the fees/visa fees that may apply (prices subject to change without notice): Israel: $32 (Departure Fee to Jordan); Jordan: 40 dinars/$60 (Sheik Hussein Border visa).
DAY 08 MON. Amman- Castel of the Desert- MadabaMonte Nebo- Amman.-
We will depart towards the CASTLES OF THE DESERT, built between the 7th and 8th centuries. We will visit QASR KHARANA, with its imposing structure of thick walls and the QUSAYR AMRA World Heritage Site, notable for its remarkable frescoes. Then, we travel to MADABA, lunch is included. We will visit the Madaba Archaeological Park, which we cross via an ancient Roman road, and the Church of St. George, with its fantastic 6th Century mosaic representing the oldest known map of the Holy Land. We continue to MOUNT NEBO, where Moses stopped to look over the Promised Land. Return to Amman. Arrival and free time.
DAY 09 TUE. Amman- Bethany- Panorama Complex- Dead Sea.-
We leave for BETHANY on the banks of the River Jordan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; this is where John the Baptist baptised Jesus. Then we visit the DEAD SEA MUSEUM, which an impressive Panorama Complex. Lunch is included. Arriving at our hotel at the DEAD SEA, do not forget to take a dip in the saltiest sea and lowest altitude on earth. Dinner and accommodation included.
DAY 10 WED. Dead Sea- Cave of Lot- DanaShobak- Petra.-
Exciting section in the heart of Jordan. Following the Dead Sea, we visit LOT’S CAVE, discovered in 1991, with its old Byzantine church from the 6th century. Then we ascend into the mountains to DANA, a small picturesque town of stone houses on a huge cliff. Lunch is included. We continue along the King´s Route to SHOBAK, where we take photographs (outside only) of the great Crusader Castle. We continue to WADI MUSA (the site around Petra). We will explore the MOSES SPRING,where Moses is said to have tapped the rock with his rod and the water gushed out, and the Petra Museum, an excellent exhibition that enables us to learn about the history of the Nabateans and to see magnificent pieces found in the area. Dinner and accommodation. Any travellers who wish can go to an old Turkish bath or see a light and sound show in Petra.
DAY 11 THU. Petra- Wadi Rum.-
Today we have the most exciting day of the trip: First, we visit the impressive archaeological site of PETRA, which is accessed through a narrow canyon, and discover the temples and tombs excavated on the cliffs in this city that was founded 300 years before Christ. After lunch (included) we leave for the impressive desert of WADI RUM. At the Visitor Centre we board 4×4 vehicles to visit some of the most impressive landscapes. We stop in the town of RUM to visit the ruins of the Nabatean temple. We include a 45-minute camel ride through the desert. We will also visit the Khazali Canyon. In this spectacular place, we will see the engravings that reveal the origins of the Arabic language. Dinner and accommodation included in a desert camp.
DAY 12 FRI. Wadi Rum- Aqaba- Eilat- Saint Catherine.-
After breakfast, we leave for AQABA, Jordan’s second city, lying on the banks of the Red Sea. We walk through the centre before continuing to the border of ISRAEL, EILAT and arrive in this modern and tourist city with its excellent beaches. There’s time to relax, have lunch and stroll around. Are you tempted to have a swim? We then continue towards the EGYPT border, and into Sinai. On the way, there’s chance to take photographs of the Pharaoh’s Island with the powerful fortress of Saladin. Continue to SAINT CATHERINE. Arrival, accommodation and dinner included. FEES: At the border crossing from Jordan to Israel and from Israel to Egypt, every traveller must pay an entry/exit fee for the different countries. Jordan: $15 (exit fees), Israel: $32 (exit fee), Egypt: $45 (entry visa, which is actually $25 visa + $20 processing fee)
DAY 13 SAT. Saint Catherine- Well of Moses- Cairo.-
At the foot of Mount Sinai, we visit the impressive walled monastery of SAINT CATHERINE. According to tradition, this is where Moses saw “the Burning Bush that burned without being consumed”. The monastery, which is a sacred place for Jews, Christians and Muslims, belongs to the Orthodox Church and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We then continue on through the Sinai Desert’s picturesque landscapes. Lunch included in route. Stop at the WELL OF MOSES, a biblical site that looks like a small oasis. We will leave Sinai through the tunnel under the SUEZ CANAL. Arrival in CAIRO at the end of the afternoon. Accommodation.
DAY 14 SUN. Cairo.-
Full day visit where we explore the famous Pyramids of Cheops, Kefren and Micerinos (tickets to go inside the pyramids are not included), and also the impressive Sphinx, which is sculpted from rock. Visit to the Egyptian Museum with its ancient art and where the treasure of the Lost Tomb of Tutankhamen is kept. Lunch included. Citadel of Saladin and the Alabaster Mosque. We will take a walk through the Coptic neighbourhood where we visit the Hanging Church built above a Roman fortress.
DAY 15 MON. Cairo- Luxor.-
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport departing by regular flight (flight included) to LUXOR. Arrival and transfer to the cruise, boarding and accommodation. Full board on board. Visit impressive set of temples of Luxor and Karnark. Accommodation on board.
DAY 16 TUE. Luxor- Esna.-
Today you will be able to admire the Necropolis of Thebes, visiting the famous VALLEY OF THE KINGS, where are hidden the tombs of the main pharaohs. Composed of several rooms and corridors that lead to the burial chambers, are among others, Ramses III, Seti I and Amenhotep II. You will also visit the Colossae of Memnon, two impressive statues of Amenophis II, as well as the Temple of Queen Hatsepsut (Deir el Bahari) and the Temple of Medinet Habu. During this day we can enjoy the beauty of the Nile riverbanks. You could do different activities on the boat and at evening enjoy the music at the disco. Full board. Night on board, navigating to ESNA.
DAY 17 WED. Esna- Edfu- Kom Ombo- Aswan.-
Arrival to EDFU and visit the Temple of Horus (God represented by a Falcon), which in the past was partially covered by lime during the periodic flooding of the river Nile. The rescue and restoration work complete, we now have one of the most beautiful temples of Ptolemaic times, in an exceptional state of preservation. Navigation to KOM OMBO. Visit the Temple of Kom Ombo, the only temple dedicated to two gods, Sobek and Haroesis, where we find a Nilometer (former system for measuring the level of the Nile River) and a mummified crocodile. During the evening you will be able to enjoy the Chilaba’s party, local typical outfit (on route you could economically acquire them at local markets). Full board. Accommodation on board, navigating to ASWAN.
DAY 18 THU. Aswan.-
Arrival to ASWAN. Possibility of getting the optional tour to Abu Simbel (visit NOT included in the itinerary), located two hundred and eighty kilometers from Aswam, visit the western desert and the temples carved on the cliff by Ramses II during the twelfth century BC, with 20 meters high statues, dedicated to the god Amon Ra, and the Temple of Nefertari, dedicated to the goddess Hathor. Visit the Red Granite quarry where is the famous 41 meters high Unfinished Obelisk. We will also visit the Aswan Dam, one of the largest in the world, which created Lake Nasser with a length of more than 500 km. In the afternoon, a felucca cruise on the Nile, typical sailing boats in the area, heading to the island of Kitchener where the Botanical Garden is located. Full board. Accommodation on board.
DAY 19 FRI. Aswan- Cairo.-
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to take the plane to Cairo (flight included). Arrival to EL CAIRO airport and transfer to the hotel. During the evening, visit the Light and Sound Show at the Pyramids of Giza. Accomodation.
DAY 20 SAT. Cairo.-
Transfers to the airport and end of our services. If you have time, we recommend that you purchase an additional night and take a trip to MEMPHIS and SAKKARA.
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer and departure transfer.
- Excursion: Mount Precipice, Mount Tabor, Canaan of Galilee in Nazareth, Bethlehem in Jerusalem, 4×4 vehicles in Wadi Rum.
- Boat: Boat trip on the Sea of Galilee. in Nazareth.
- City tour in: Jerusalem, Amman, Cairo.
- Ticket admission: Church of Saint Peter, Arqueological Site in Cesarea, Crusaders Fortress in Acre, Church of the Annunciation, Saint Joseph´s Carpentry Workshop and the Fountain of the Virgin. in Nazareth, Church Mount the Beatitudes in Mount Of Beatitudes, Church, house of Saint Peter and the ruins of the old synagogue in Capernaum, River Jordan valley, Book in the Museum of Israel, Holocaust Museum and Memorial, Church of the Nativity, in Bethlehem, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Tomb of King David, Cenacle (Hall of the Last Supper), Abbey of the Dormiton in Jerusalem, Fortress and Church of Saint Sergius in Ajlun, Archaeological site in Jerash, Castle of Qasr Kharana and Castle of Qusayr Amra in Castles of the Dessert, Church of St. George, Madaba Archaeological Park in Madaba, Arqueological Site in Bethany, Dead Sea Museum and Panorama Complex in Dead Sea, Moses Springs and Petra Museum in Petra, Arqueological Site in Petra, Visitor Centre and 4×4 vehicles in Wadi Rum, Monastery of Santa Catalina in Saint Catherine, Well of Moses in Moses Well, Pyramids of Cheops, Kefren and Micerinos, Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Saladin and the Alabaster Mosque, the Hanging Church Coptic neighbourhood in Cairo.
- 13 Lunch and Dinner Included: Nazareth (02), Ajlun (01), Madaba (01), Panorama Complex (01), Dead Sea (01), Dana (01), Petra (02), Wadi Rum (01), Saint Catherine (01), Well of Moses (01), Cairo (01)
- Excursion: Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon in Luxor, Sound and Light Show at the Pyramids of Giza in Cairo.
- Boat: Typical sailing boats felucca and show typical dance beduina in Aswan.
- Ticket admission: Temples of Luxor and Karnak in Luxor, Necropolis of Thebes, Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Medinet Habu; in Luxor, Temple of Horus in Edfu, Temple of Kom Ombo in Kom Ombo, ed Granite Quarry and Unfinished Obelisk, Aswan Dam in Aswan.
- Flights included: Cairo- Luxor; Aswan – Cairo.
- 08 Lunch and Dinner Included: Luxor (03), Esna (01), Aswan (04)
- Dec.20: 14, 28*
- Jan.21: 11, 25
- Feb.21: 08, 22
- Mar.21: 08*, 22*
- Apr.21: 05*, 19
- May.21: 03, 17, 31
- Jun.21: 14, 28
- Jul.21: 12, 26
- Aug.21: 09, 23
- Sep.21: 06, 20
- Oct.21: 04*, 18
- Nov.21: 01, 15, 29
- Dec.21: 13, 27*
- Jan.22: 10, 24
- Feb.22: 07, 21
- Mar.22: 07*, 21*
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $4.061 $5.554
Mid S. $4.013 $5.506
Low S. $3.973 $5.465
- We advise taking an additional night at the beginning to be able to go on an optional tour of Massada and the Dead Sea.
- The Sheik Hussein border must be crossed on a special bus for this purpose. This costs around $3 per person, which must be paid directly by the passengers themselves. FEES: Each country requires an entry/exit fee that passengers must pay directly at their destination. For guidance purposes, these are the fees/visa fees that may apply (prices subject to change without notice): Israel: $32 (Departure Fee to Jordan); Jordan: 40 dinars/$60 (Sheik Hussein Border visa).
- At the border crossing from Jordan to Israel and from Israel to Egypt, every traveller must pay an entry/exit fee for the different countries. Jordan: $15 (exit fees), Israel: $32 (exit fee), Egypt: $45 (entry visa, which is actually $25 visa + $20 processing fee)
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.