Madrid and Magical Morocco end Marrakesh
Get a tour of Rabat, calling at the immense Royal Palace, the Mohamed V Mausoleum and the mighty Kasbah of the Udayas and visit Asilah – picturesque small walled city on the shores of the Atlantic was an ancient port that was a base for pirates. Today the settlement is full of life. A 6-day tour visiting Madrid, Granada, Asilah, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakesh.
DAY 01 SAT. Madrid – Arrival.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Transfer to the hotel. Evening transport to the Gran Vía district.
Welcome to Madrid! Upon arriving at the airport, we will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Check the information boards in the hotel reception area for details of the welcome meeting with your guide and fellow travellers. Towards the end of the day, we provide transfers to the Egyptian Debod Temple, Plaza de España and Gran Via; a vibrant district where you can dine at your preferred restaurant: Indian, Chinese, Spanish and Middle Eastern are some of the options available.
DAY 02 SUN. Madrid.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Madrid city tour. Stroll through the Retiro Park. Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring. Evening tranfer.
The morning starts with a comprehensive tour through the centre of Madrid including Paseo del Prado, Cibeles, Neptuno, the Gate of Alcalá, Plaza de Colón and Plaza Mayor. We then visit to Retiro Park, an oasis in the city centre, where we will see the lake and the Glass Palace. A visit to Las Ventas Bullring (admission included) is next, this is one of the most famous bullrings in the world where we will learn about the tradition of “corridas” in the Bullfighting Museum. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. At sunset we provide a transfer to Plaza de Oriente, opposite the Royal Palace, an elegant and bustling area with many restaurants serving different cuisines such as local Spanish food, international, and Chinese. Enjoy a pleasant dinner of your choice, then return to the hotel together.
DAY 03 MON. Madrid – Granada.-
TODAY’S HIGLIGHTS: Lunch included. Entrance and local guide in the Alhambra (if you bought the trip with the entrance included). Evening transfer.
We leave Madrid in the early morning. We travel to the south across La Mancha, stopping in PUERTO LAPICE, a ‘manchego’ village evoking the figure of Don Quixote. We will enter Andalusia via Despeñaperros, arriving in GRANADA. Lunch included. In the afternoon, if you bought the trip with the entrance included, we will visit with a local guide the immense Alhambra Palace and its beautiful Generalife gardens, built in Arab times. In the evening we visit the Albaicín district of Granada, a World Heritage site along with the Alhambra, where you can enjoy dinner in the narrow winding streets of this captivating Medieval Moorish quarter. Tonight, you have the option to attend a flamenco dance show and the traditional neighbourhood of Sacromonte. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets on-line from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org
DAY 04 TUE. Granada – Asilah – Rabat.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Step aboard a boat to Africa. Stop off in the picturesque town of Asilah, located on the ocean front. Dinner is included.
Note: Depending on the number of passengers in Morocco, this tour may be conducted in bilingual (Spanish/English) groups. Departure from Granada. We cross the Costa del Sol. In Algeciras or Tarifa we board a modern ferry to cross the Straits of Gibraltar. The coach does not normally make the crossing, so passengers must carry their luggage. Arrival in Morocco. Beautiful landscapes. ASILAH – this picturesque small walled city on the shores of the Atlantic was an ancient port that was a base for pirates. Today the settlement is full of life. Time for lunch. Later we continue to Rabat. Arrival in Rabat. Dinner buffet and accommodation.
DAY 05 WED. Rabat – Casablanca – Marrakesh.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIHTS: Guided visit in Rabat (admission costs included). Discover Casablanca. Kalesa (horse or donkey carriage) ride and dinner are included
Scenic tour of Rabat, calling at the immense Royal Palace, the Mohamed V Mausoleum and the mighty Kasbah of the Udayas. At midday, we depart for Casablanca, where we shall have a short informative tour of the city. The tour includes the outside of the great Hassan II mosque, which is one of the most important in the Arab world. Then we continue towards Marrakesh. After arriving at the hotel, you will be able to experience a traditional Kalesa ride up to the famous Jamaa el Fna square. Dinner buffet included. Hotel accommodation.
DAY 06 THU. Marrakesh.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Guided tour of the city. Admission prices and lunch are both included.
Start your day with a guided tour of the city that gave the country its name. We will know the great walls of the city, the Jemaa square with its activity, we will walk through the colorful Medina, we will see the Kutubia tower, we will include entrance and visit to the Bahia Palace. Lunch included. Free time to relax at the pool or to discover a famous Marrakesh Souk (local market). In the evening, you can experience a Fantasia dinner and cultural show (optional).
DAY 07 FRI. Marrakesh.-
After breakfast, end of our services
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Hotels according to the itinerary.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer
- City tour in: Madrid, Granada, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakesh.
- Evening Transfer: Debod Temple and Plaza de España and Plaza de Oriente in Madrid, Albaicin in Granada, Djema Square with horse carriage in Marrakesh.
- Ticket admission: Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens in Granada if it is included in the tour you bought, Bahia Palace in Marrakesh.
- Ferry: Strait of Gibraltar Algeciras – Tangier.
- 4 Lunch or Dinner Included in: Granada (01), Rabat (01), Marrakesh (02).
- May.22: 07, 14, 21, 28
- Jun.22: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Jul.22: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
- Aug.22: 06, 13, 20, 27
- Sep.22: 03, 10, 17, 24
- Oct.22: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- Nov.22: 05, 12, 19, 26
- Dec.22: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Jan.23: 07, 14, 21, 28
- Feb.23: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Mar.23: 04, 11, 18, 25
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $921 $1.281
Mid S. $885 $1.244
Low S. $885 $1.244
- The number of people authorised to visit the Alhambra is limited by law. The number of places assigned to tour operators is small and we are only given the quota one month before arrival. Even if you buy the trip with the ticket included, we cannot guarantee a visit to the Alhambra (if these tickets cannot be offered, the Reales Alcázares in Seville, which is similar, would be visited and a sightseeing tour with a local guide of the city of Granada would also be offered). If the visit to the Alhambra is very important to you, we suggest you purchase the trip “without tickets” (the lowest price) and book your tickets on-line from the quota for individuals on the heritage website https://www.alhambra.org
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.