Croatia, Bosnia & Slovenia
Travel to Slovenia. You will visit POSTOJNA Cave, one of the world’s biggest caves which is partially toured by train. Enjoy this 8 days tour visiting Zagreb, Maglaj, Sarajevo, Mostar, Medjugorge, Kravice, Dubrovnik, Split, Trogir, Plitvice, Opatija, Postjona, Bled, Ljubljana, Maribor, Zagreb.
DAY 01 WED. Zagreb.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Zagreb sightseeing tour. Dinnerincluded.
Welcome to ZAGREB! Upon arrival at the airport, we shall be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Our guide will arrive with the group from Slovenia around lunch time. Then we will take a sightseeing tour with a local guide. We will have a chance to admire its two hills, the upper town and the new neighbourhoods of Croatia’s capital city. Dinner included.
DAY 02 THU. Zagreb – Maglaj – Sarajevo.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Sightseeing tour of Sarajevo. Tunnel of Hope. Dinner included.
We will leave first thing in the morning to travel to Bosnia. The border area still shows sad memories of the conflict in the 1990s. First stop MAGLAJ, take a stroll around this pretty Bosnian village, then enjoy some lunch. We continue our journey to SARAJEVO, arriving in the mid-afternoon. With a local guide, we will take a panoramic tour of this city with strong Turkish influence: its Mosques, its Madrasahs, and its busy bazaars. We will also see the Tunnel of Hope that saved the city during the Serbian siege. Dinner included. Note: Depending on the arrival time, the Tunnel of Hope can also be visited on Friday before leaving for Mostar.
DAY 03 FRI. Sarajevo – Mostar – Medjugorge – Kravice – Dubrovnik.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Beautiful landscapes throughout the stage: mountains, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, picturesque villages en route. Dinner included.
Another exciting drive of scenic beauty. Amidst deep valleys, we travel to MOSTAR, with its very beautiful historic centre and Stonebridge separating the Orthodox, Muslim and Catholic communities. After lunch, we stop in MEDJUGORJE, a place that attracts thousands of Catholic Pilgrims. We then travel to KRAVICE, we stop at its magnificent waterfalls before continuing to CROATIA. Border procedures (which may be long). We will then arrive into DUBROVNIK at the end of the day. Dinner included. Note: From the end of October to the end of March it is not possible to visit the Kravice waterfalls.
DAY 04 SAT. Dubrovnik .-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Panoramic tour of Dubrovnik. Cable carride. Dinnerincluded.
In the morning we enjoy a panoramic tour of DUBROVNIK with a local guide. We are undoubtedly in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, surrounded by walls, bathed by the Adriatic Sea; its intact historic centre is a jewel of world architectural her- itage. The tour includes tickets to the Franciscan Monastery with the oldest pharmacy in Europe, and the Cathedral. We also take the cable car to give us a fantastic view of the city and the neighbouring islands. You can then enjoy free time, returning to the hotel at the end of the afternoon. Dinner included. Note: Accommodation in Dubrovnik will be in Kavtat, a coastal town near the city.
DAY 05 SUN. Dubrovnik- Split- Trogir.-
TODAY’SHIGHLIGHTS: Visit of Split. Dinner included.
We set off in the morning, travelling along the Croatian coastline which displays amazing seascapes and islands. We will arrive in SPLIT at noon. We include a visit with a local guide and entry into the Diocletian’s Palace. We will tour this immense palace from the Roman period, its labyrinth of streets, and its sea vistas. Towards the end of the day we will travel to TROGIR where we will stay for the night. Before heading to the hotel, we will go around what is one of the most charming towns on the Dalmatian Coast. Dinner included.
DAY 06 MON. Trogir- Plitvice- Opatija.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Plitvice lakes National Park. Dinnerincluded.
We will travel to the interior region of Croatia, going through beautiful hilly landscapes to finally arrive in PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK, which has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. We will enter the park where you can admire the park’s lakes and waterfalls. Take the opportunity to walk along the trails or take a boat and sail through the waters of the lakes. After lunch, we will travel back to the coast towards the north of Croatia. Upon reaching OPATIJA, take your dinner included and stroll in this resort town which offers charming nightlife. Note: In exceptional circumstances, either due to weather conditions or high numbers of tourists, it may not be possible or advisable to use the train or boat in Plitvice.
DAY 07 TUE. Opatija- Postjona- Bled- Ljubljana.-
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Postjona cave, Boat trip, Tour of Ljubljana. Dinner included.
Today we will travel to Slovenia. We will visit POSTOJNA Cave, one of the world’s biggest caves which is partially toured by train. After this, we will travel to BLED, a stunning postcard town on the shore of a lake, and in the middle of the lake, there is an island where the bell tower of a monastery stands at the foot of a medieval castle. We take a boat trip around Bled’s lake and a visit the monastery on the island. We continue our trip to Slovenia’s Capital, LJUBLJANA. Here we will take a tour with a local guide and learn about this beautiful Central European city. Dinner included. Note: During the winter, in order to be able to visit Ljubljana during the daylight hours, this may take place before eparture to Maribor.
DAY 08 WED. Ljubljana- Maribor- Zagreb.-
We will travel to Slovenia’s second most important city, MARIBOR. A city highly influenced by Austrian culture, where its cathedral and castle stand out. Afterwards, we will go back to CROATIA, Arriving in ZAGREB at around 15.00. End of our services. Check the time of your flight in case you need an additional night.
- Travel by bus with English speaking guide.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Hotels according to the itinerary.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Arrival transfer
- Boat: Tour around Bled´s Lake
- City tour in : Zagreb, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Split, Ljubjiana
- Ticket admission: Tunnel of Hope in Sarajevo, Kravice Waterfall, Franciscan Monastery and Cathedral in Dubrovnik; Diocletian´s Palace in Split, Plitvice Lakes National Park including boat or train tours in Plitvice, Postojna Caves
- Funicular: Dubrovnik
- 7 Lunch or Dinner Included in: Zagreb (01), Sarajevo (01), Dubrovnik (02), Trogir (01), Opatija (01), Ljubjiana (01).
- May.22: 04, 18
- Jun.22: 01, 15, 29
- Jul.22: 13
- Aug.22: 03, 17, 31
- Sep.22: 14
- Oct.22: 05, 19
- Nov.22: 02, 16
- Dec.22: 07, 21, 28
- Jan.23: 04, 11, 25
- Feb.23: 01, 15
- Mar.23: 01, 15, 29
PRICES PER PERSON
SEASON DBL SINGL
High S. $1.464 $1.897
Mid S. $1.696 $2.129
Low S. $1.196 $1.629
- Depending on the arrival time, the Tunnel of Hope can also be visited on Friday before leaving for Mostar.
- From the end of October to the end of March it is not possible to visit the Kravice waterfalls.
- Accommodation in Dubrovnik will be in Kavtat, a coastal town near the city.
- In exceptional circumstances, either due to weather conditions or high numbers of tourists, it may not be possible or advisable to use the train or boat in Plitvice.
- During the winter, in order to be able to visit Ljubljana during the daylight hours, this may take place before departure to Maribor
- It is a general policy in the hotels that may request a deposit of money on arrival at each of the hotels where you will be staying. This deposit is charged at the time of check in and is refunded upon departure if you did not make any expenses at the hotel.
- The space in the holds of the coaches and in the train wagons is limited and this determines the maximum amount of luggage authorized per passenger on our circuits: one suitcase per person and one handbag. Carrying more luggage than allowed can be checked in at destination.